Where is this at?
Not only is it just deep fried, its generally coated in pancake batter. MMMMMMMM.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
Where is this at?
GO VOLS
Cheddars has one.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
white bread, mayo, cheese, bologna and garden tomato
Failing that, one of Ralph's bologna sandwiches at Carter's General Store in Leesville, VA. Wish I could find a good muffaletta around here.
[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]
[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monte_Cristo_sandwich"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monte_Cristo_sandwich[/ame]
I've seen them made on Food Network more than once (esp Diners Drive-Ins and Dives). I dont even like greased up food and they make me want one!
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
Yep, generally think of a club sandwich, dipped in pancake like batter and fried. Sometimes served with a small side of preserves. Cheddars generally gives raspberry preserves.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
The Hot Brown sandwich is also a good one. If ever in Louisville, go the Brown Hotel and try it.
Bob , if you're ever in Knoxville or Richmond check out Jason's Deli a great regional chain . Their muffaletta is off the hook . A 9 " whole is enough for a family . They also have halves and quarters . Check out the facts on a 2 lb muff . Good news ..no trans fats .
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 33.7oz (955.3 g)
Amount Per Serving
Calories 1747.1 Calories from Fat 743.8
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 82.6 g 127%
Saturated Fat 24.9 g 125%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 332 mg 111%
Sodium 7258.9 mg 302%
Total Carbohydrate 142 g 47%
Dietary Fiber 13 g 52%
Sugars 7 g 15%
Protein 104.8 g 210%
Vitamin A 1360.6 IU 27%
Vitamin C 12.8 mg 21%
Calcium 870.5 mg 87%
Iron 16.9 mg 94%
Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .
Good lord Just reading that made me go want to chomp some aspirin.
GO VOLS
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SunTzu</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bob , if you're ever in Knoxville or Richmond check out Jason's Deli a great regional chain . Their muffaletta is off the hook . A 9 " whole is enough for a family . They also have halves and quarters . Check out the facts on a 2 lb muff . Good news ..no trans fats .
</div></div>
I've eaten at Jason's in Hickory a couple of times. Wasn't impressed.
Places like Jason's or McAllister's are pretty bland.
[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]
Bookmarks